The Goring Gap Boat Club will be hosting the Goring & Streatley Regatta on Saturday 20th July 2013. During the coming weeks, we will therefore need as many members as possible to volunteer a few hours to help with:
- Training Regatta Crews
- Distributing Publicity and
- Setting up the Regatta site.
The immediate challenge is to resource crew training: As in prior years, each crew entered will receive 4 progressive training sessions spread over a four week period starting on Monday 17th June
- Training sessions will run Monday to Friday (6:30 pm to 8:45 pm) and on Saturday mornings (10:00 am to 12:15 pm)
- We can expect to have to have up to 4 restricted fours on the water for each training session and each boat will need to complete 3 outings of 45 minutes per crew.
- This adds up to a staggering 12 individual outings per training session, 72 outings per week or 288 outings over the 4 weeks of training!
We therefore need:
- Session Managers for a total of 32 sessions
- Cox/coaches to steer and encourage the Regatta Crews through their preparation
An email has already been sent out to members but if you can help in any way, please contact Geoff Arnold at email@example.com as soon as possible. Even if you have not been involved with this before, please join us. It is always great fun and you will be supported all the way. A successful Regatta will give real momentum to our fundraising drive and secure a permanent home for the Club.
Geoff Arnold, Captain of Rowing