If you have ever thought ‘I would like to try that’ or you have already tried rowing out and want to build your skills and gain confidence, The Goring Gap Boat Club will be running an autumn ‘Learn to Row’ course from the 20th October to the 10th November.
The course will be run over 6 sessions, three at the Dolphin Centre, two at the Oxford University Boat Club Tank (letting you practice your rowing stroke indoors!) and the final one at the GGBC Boat Club at Hardwick. The total cost of the course is £125, which also includes a year’s membership of British Rowing. The cost does NOT include GGBC membership as many participants are likely to already be members.
Course Dates are set out below:
· Session 1 (Dolphin) – Saturday, 20th October 08:45 for 09.00 start.
· Session 2 (OUBC Tank) – Tuesday 23rd October 18.45 for 2 hour session from 19.00 to 21.00.
· Session 3 (Dolphin) – Saturday, 3rd November 08:45 for 09.00 start.
· Session 4 (OUBC Tank) – Tuesday, 6th November 18.45 for 2 hour session from 19.00 to 21.00.
· Session 5 (Dolphin) – Saturday, 10th November 08:45 for 09.00 start.
· Session 6 (Hardwick) – Saturday, 17th November (Club session) from 09.00
Places are limited, so they will be allocated on a first-come first served basis. If you are interested contact our membership secretary (Membership@goringgapbc.org.uk).