If you’ve never been in a boat or have only tried it once or twice then this is the course for you. The objectives of the course are simple:
- to introduce you to the sport of rowing
- to teach you the British Rowing technique in a safe and friendly environment
- to provide individual coaching to help you develop your rowing technique
- to build your confidence on the water
- to improve your fitness and have some fun
You will receive coaching from our qualified coaches and will progress from rowing in fours to rowing in an eight. The course consists of five sessions run over a 4 week period. Each session builds on the progress made in the previous session.
The course will be run on the following dates:
- Saturday 8th November (10am-12:30pm)
- Thursday 13th November (7-9pm at the Oxford University Rowing tank)
- Saturday 15th November (10am-12:30pm)
- Saturday 22th November (10am-12:30pm)
- Saturday 29th November (10am-12:30pm)
The course is open to anyone 18 years or over. The cost of the course is £125, which includes membership to British Rowing but does not include club membership which is £60/year. The course will be run from our Hardwick site, Whitchurch on Thames. Places are limited to 12 participants so book now!
If you would like to join the course then please contact Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org